Learn More About Acura Safety Technologies
When it comes to choosing a new vehicle, there are many factors and features to consider: Is it powerful and performance-focused enough? Will you be able to relax in the cabin and enjoy infotainment technologies on every drive? Is it stylish enough to turn heads whenever you pull up to the curb? While these details are important, the most essential technologies are those that help keep you and your passengers safe, day in and day out: the Acura safety systems. If you’re ready to buy or lease an Acura but aren’t sure what safety features you’re looking for, check out this helpful guide and visit our Acura dealership near Port Charlotte, FL, to experience them for yourself.
Whether you’re searching for a speedy sedan like the new Acura ILX, Acura TLX or Acura RLX, or you’re more interested in new Acura SUVs such as the RDX and MDX, you will be protected by passive and active safety systems. To start, all Acura models have a Next-Generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ Body Structure that absorbs impact energy and distributes it evenly to decrease the amount of force passengers feel in the event of an accident. Additionally, a 4-channel Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) system with Traction Control and Motion Adaptive Steering is a standard feature on Acura vehicles. This system adjusts your car’s brake pressure and engine power to ensure you’re always in control on the road, even in poor driving conditions. A Multi-View rear camera with dynamic guidelines is available in every Acura to help you reverse with ease, while certain models like the Acura RDX can be outfitted with a Surround-View Camera System that provides even more visibility.
For the ultimate in safety technologies, all Acura models are available with the AcuraWatch™ system, a suite of driver-assistive features that will help you monitor your surroundings and steer clear of collisions.
These systems include:
- Lane Keeping Assist System: You’ll always stay on the right path with this feature, thanks to its ability to notice when you start drifting into another lane without a directional on and tug the steering wheel to correct your course.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Low-Speed Follow: Simply set your desired distance from the vehicle in front of you when you want to use cruise control, and the Adaptive Cruise Control system will monitor your following distance and adjust it accordingly to avoid collisions.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™: A high-resolution forward camera and radar system work together to identify objects ahead, and this system can use up to 80% of full braking power to prevent a collision or reduce the impact of an accident.
- Road Departure Mitigation System: Steer clear of objects along the side of the road with this safety feature, which can automatically activate the brakes if necessary.
- Blind Spot Information System: The system will alert you if there’s a vehicle in an adjacent lane when you activate your turn signal, but only if you’re traveling above 20 mph and the nearby object is also moving.
- Rear Cross Traffic Monitor: With sensors on the rear corners of the car, your Acura can let you know that there are obstacles behind you when you’re maneuvering out of parking lots or driveways.