FAQs About Selling Your Car to Scanlon Acura in Fort Myers
- Can I sell my leased vehicle?
- How can I save on taxes with the sale of my vehicle at Scanlon?
- Do I need an appointment to sell my vehicle?
- What if I have not paid off my vehicle?
- What if I have a payoff that is higher than the purchase offer?
- Is your offer negotiable?
- I lost my title; what can I do?
- What can we do if all title holders cannot be present, or one is deceased?
- Can I sell a car that is in a business name?
- Do I have to sell my vehicle at the location it was appraised?
- Why is your buy offer different from what I see my vehicle is selling for?
- Can I trade my vehicle?
- Will you just buy my vehicle?
- Will you buy my car from an online appraisal?
- Does my maintenance history affect your purchase offer?
- How do I sell my vehicle to Scanlon?
- Where does my car go when I sell it to Scanlon?
- Do the accessories I have on my car enhance its value?
- Should I buy new tires for my vehicle prior to selling it?
- If I sell my vehicle to Scanlon, can I get it back?
- How did Scanlon calculate my purchase offer?
- Will I get different offers from the other Scanlon Stores?
- Should I get body damage fixed before I sell my vehicle?
- What are your hours that I can get my car appraised?
1. Can I sell my leased vehicle?
In most situations you can sell your vehicle when it is leased. We will appraise your vehicle in the same manner, and contact the leasing company to calculate the difference of equity, or "negative equity". Some leasing companies do not allow the early termination, or do not allow it without hefty penalties. Also, please note in most cases you will not receive trade in credit for a leased vehicle. Check with your leasing company for details.
2. How can I save on taxes with the sale of my vehicle at Scanlon?
If you choose to buy a car when you sell us yours, you win! Most states allow a tax credit for vehicles that have already had taxes paid on previously. Certain situations may exclude you from receiving a tax credit. For example, if the vehicle is not titled in your name, or if the vehicle is leased you may not qualify for a tax credit. Please check with a tax professional and one of our Consultants for details.
3. Do I need an appointment to sell my vehicle?
An appointment is not required; you may visit during regular business hours. Most appraisals can be completed in as little as 30 minuets
4.What if I have not paid off my vehicle?
Unless your lien holder has 24 hour online payoff service, we will need to contact the lender during normal business hours to obtain an accurate 10 day payoff. Most lien holders require certain information along with the payoff check. So, it is important that we obtain your account number, social security number, overnight payoff address, and phone number. If your title has a lien posted on the title, we will need both the title and the release of lien before we can purchase your vehicle.
5. What if I have a payoff that is higher than the purchase offer?
In the auto industry, when your pay-off amount is higher than your vehicles value, that amount is called "negative equity". If we are buying your vehicle and you have negative equity, there are two viable options. If we are buying your vehicle, you will need to provide us the negative equity amount in the form of a cashier's check, or cash. In some instances, we will accept credit cards up to a $2,500.00 maximum charge. If you elect to purchase a vehicle from us, you may roll in the negative equity into the new loan if the lender approves the transaction. If you need time to secure funds, remember our purchase offer is good for seven days.
6. Is your purchase offer negotiable?
No. Our offer is a stress free way to sell your vehicle. We make a fair written offer without the need to haggle on every vehicle we appraise.
7. I lost my title; what can I do?
The easiest solution is to go to the tax collector or DMV and have them reprint a title for you. That will give you the quickest transaction. But, as long as you can prove ownership with valid vehicle registration, we can help. We will confirm the DMV records, and have you fill out a power of attorney to request a duplicate title. This process does cost a few hundred dollars, and may cause delays in your funding.
8. What can we do if all title holders cannot be present, or one is deceased?
Each situation can vary from transaction to transaction. If all parties listed on the title are not available to sign, you must speak to one of our Title Clerks, or Sales Managers.
In some situations, we can use a signed Power of Attorney to allow someone other than the party listed to sign on their behalf. If the vehicle was gifted, in some scenarios we can utilize a gift letter to help close the sale. Sometimes, like in the case of a deceased party, you may have to take the appropriate paperwork into the tax collector's office or DMV and have a new title issued. Since different states have different rules on titles, please ask one of our Business Managers about specific scenarios.
9. Can I sell a car that is in a business name?
In most cases, yes you can. One of our Business Managers will need to review with you what is required to sell that vehicle to us.
10. Do I have to sell my vehicle at the location it was appraised?
Your written appraisal is valid at any Scanlon facility for seven days. Please see a Sales Consultant regarding your purchase offer. If more than seven days has lapsed, your vehicle will require a new appraisal.
11. Why is your buy offer different from what I see my vehicle is selling for?
We appraise vehicles based on the costs and risk associated with reconditioning the vehicle for resale. That must include any warranties, parts, fuel, detailing and parts needed to retail the vehicle on the lot. Every vehicle we purchase we inspect for retail potential, as every car purchased will be sold. If a vehicle does not pass our retail quality inspection, is will still be sold at an auction. We must purchase vehicles for less than what we will sell them for in order to provide exceptional customer service after the sale.
12. Can I trade my vehicle?
Yes, we will appraise any vehicle for trade in. What is different here at Scanlon? We treat every guest like we would a guest in our own home. Sit down, relax in our showroom, and enjoy a cappuccino made fresh for you while we inspect your vehicle. Smile knowing we have a complimentary car wash for our clients during the appraisal process. Browse our extensive inventory online in the AC if you do not want to venture outside. At Scanlon we understand you want the best selection, and a deal you'll feel good about.
13. Will you just buy my vehicle?
Yes, Scanlon Acura appraisals are quick and easy. We appraise vehicles in as little as 30 minutes free of charge. At our Fort Myers new Acura and used car dealership we understand you may want to sell us your vehicle, and not buy a car. If you sell us your vehicle, we will request immediately for a check to be made out to you! Otherwise, you will have a written offer good at any Scanlon store for seven days. Start the process now for your free appraisal .
14. Will you buy my car from an online appraisal?
No, in order to get you an accurate value your vehicle must be brought to one of our facilities for an inspection. One of our tenured appraisers will need to inspect and test drive your vehicle. When we finish, you will have a purchase figure in writing that is good for seven days at any Scanlon facility.
15. Does my maintenance history affect your purchase offer?
Yes, a full maintenance history will enhance your vehicles value. Other factors like exterior appearance and color help in determining the value of your vehicle. Please visit how we determine your offer for more details.
16. How do I sell my vehicle to Scanlon?
We welcome setting up an appointment to make the most of your time, but an appointment is not necessary. We appraise vehicles in as little as 30 minutes free of charge. Your appraisal is valid for seven days, should you not choose to sell us your vehicle immediately. Scanlon Acura has been in SW Florida for 9 years appraising vehicles, and we know the value a SW Florida vehicle has compared to other markets. For more information please click how our appraisal process works .
17. Where does my car go when I sell it to Scanlon?
Since Scanlon Acura will buy any vehicle, we get a multitude of vehicles that will not qualify for retail on our lots. Scanlon has very stringent inspections with high standards on tires, brakes, and many other safety items. Those vehicles that represent the Scanlon quality will be sold on the lot, all others will be sold at our private auction to other licensed dealers.
18. Do the accessories I have on my car enhance its value?
For the most part, the consumer likes to buy a vehicle that has not been modified. There is a fear that modifications made may affect the warranty, or operation of the vehicle down the road. Sometimes a modification voids the factory warranty, which will negatively affect the purchase offer. But, depending on the vehicles demand in the market, some modification can actually enhance the value. Please talk to one of the Appraisal Managers about your specific vehicle and the modifications done.
19. Should I buy new tires for my vehicle prior to selling it?
You should always keep safe tires on a vehicle regardless of your intentions of selling it. But, if the time to get tires is coming soon you may want to just sell it the way it is. We buy cars in any condition, and we sell thousands of tires a year with volume price breaks. So, you won't have to worry about getting the correct speed rating, tread wear rating, or research brands; we can do all that for you should you choose to sell us your vehicle.
20. If I sell my vehicle to Scanlon, can I get it back?
Yes, but only if it has not been sold already. You will have to pay the additional expenses of: preparing the vehicle for sale, inspections, reconditioning, detailing, and any costs or fees associated with the transaction.
21. How did Scanlon calculate my purchase offer?
We welcome client's questions, and encourage them to speak to the Appraisers at any time during the appraisal process. If you would like specific information that pertains to your vehicles appraisal, you may ask the Appraiser directly.
22. Will I get different offers from the other Scanlon Stores?
No. We utilize our entire group's inventory data to arrive at the best market based purchase offer possible. Your offer is in writing and valid for seven days at any Scanlon location.
23. Should I get body damage fixed before I sell my vehicle?
If your vehicle is safe to operate, bring it in. We buy all vehicles, regardless of condition. Minor damage may be fixed for less than what you would pay at a body shop at our Fort Myers dealership, which saves you money.
24. What are your hours that I can get my car appraised?
We have Appraisers here Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some of our stores take appointments earlier Monday through Friday at 8:00 AM.
14270 S. Tamiami Trail
Fort Myers, FL 33912